Facebook has recently made some major improvements to its video capabilities, and it’s now giving YouTube a serious run for its money.
Of course, if traffic is what you’re after then YouTube is still your baby. But if you’re using YouTube as a free hosting site and embedding the videos in your blog, you can now do that with Facebook – and Facebook has two distinct advantages over YouTube.
First of all, Facebook will allow you to upload videos up to 20 minutes in length (1024 MB). YouTube, of course, cuts you off at 15 minutes.
Second and more significantly, we all know that the price you pay for using YouTube to host your videos is the YouTube branding splattered all over your video – and at the end, your viewers are given several more videos to click on, none of which are yours! Facebook doesn’t do this. When you embed a Facebook video in your blog or website, all you get is a nice clean player.
This is HUGE!
Want to know how to use Facebook’s video uploader? here you go:
- Go to your Wall and click on the video icon in the Update Status box.
- Click on Upload a Video
- Navigate to where the video is stored on your hard drive and click Share.
- This will begin a two-step procedure of 1. upload and 2. process.
- Once the video is uploaded, and while it’s processing, Facebook will ask you to give your video a title and description, as well as let you tag friends if you want.
- Once it’s processed, you can navigate to the video and underneath the video there is a link to “embed this video.” Copy and paste this code, and your video is embedded in any blog or website.
This article is written by Julia Kline of 20SocialMediaMistakes.com.
Helping Businesses Record, Edit and Share Videos Online to Engage Customers with Social Media!
About the Author:
Everybody’s talking about how to make money with social media, but most of it is garbage. So business owners make many huge, but easy-to-fix mistakes. Correct these mistakes, and watch new customers appear seemingly out of nowhere, and then become raving fans. In no time, your social media profiles become a great new revenue source for your business. Find out exactly how with Julia Kline’s FREE videos: http://www.20SocialMediaMistakes.com