Update (January 2013) – 7 Ways to Play “.MTS” Video Files.
Finally, the free player for MTS files is here!
It is none other than VideoLAN VLC Player.
VLC Media Player for Windows plays MTS files!
VLC Media Player for Windows is also FREE!
Isn’t this what we have all been waiting for?
Here’s the 5 steps to start playing MTS video files in less than 5 minutes.
- Go to http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html
- Download the Windows self-extracting package. About 18 MB.
(at the point of writing, the latest package is version 1.0.5)
- Save and install the downloaded EXE file (vlc-1.0.5-win32.exe).
- Run your new VideoLAN VLC Media Player for Windows.
- You can now start playing all your MTS video files for free!
Leave a comment if you like this tip.
Share this tip with all your friends.
Link to this article from your blog.
Finally, enjoy watching your MTS.